Include all the puns – Rubies+Diamonds is a GEM located right in the heart of Hollywood. Though it is #notajewelrystore, it leaves it’s sparkle on anyone who has the pleasure of visiting the artisanal coffee-tea lounge. From decor to drinks, the “R+D” is the perfect blend of contemporary and classic. I was fortunate enough to attend a tasting event at R+D and I’m still drooling over the incredible menu that presented. Get ready to be jealous, these photos provide zero justice to how great everything tasted!
- Nitro Creamy Matcha Tea
- Matcha Green tea starts citrus-y and finishes sweet. I had never had a matcha drink, nor one that was made through nitro infusions where they add transparent gas to a keg in order to produce an extra creamy foam. This was served cold, incredibly smooth and not strong on the palette. If you’re a fan of green tea and love the silky nature of a latte, this is one is for you.
- Pesto Prosciutto Danish
- Yes, please. I don’t think that I really need to say much more about it. What we can discuss is the fact that it is served on China. Why not use the good stuff? In speaking with R+D owner Jean Shim, she feels the same way!
- Sea Salt Cold Brew
- R+D Signature Cold Brew paired with milk and a sprinkle of sea salt. Cold Brews are becoming increasingly more popular, and now I know why. WOW. I wouldn’t typically think to combine salt my coffee, but it really complimented the creamy concoction. One obviously won’t be enough… order three.
- Kimchi Spam Musubi Croissant
- If you’re still holding on to your 90’s thoughts of how spam is prepared, it’s time to let it go.
- BKON Cocktail X
- Top Secret BKON Processed Cocktail. Made with the BKON Craft Brewer, it’s was easily the most innovated beer infused cocktail I have ever had.
- Kougin-Amman Caramel Sweet Bread
- Soft, flavorful bread with a layer of caramel on the bottom, served on R+D’s signature wooden plates.
- Nitro Cold Brew Float
- Premium Mother Moo ice cream paired with Nitro Cold Brew Coffee. In the nature of keeping their ingredients local, R+D uses LA creamery, Mother Moo‘s ice cream for the fun and flavor of an ice cream float. This was so good!
For the coffee lover.
For the craft beer enthusiast.
For visual artist.
Stop by and see for yourself!
6115 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 150 ・Los Angeles, CA 90028 ・323.465.0400
Sunday – Thursday ・7am to 10pm ・Friday & Saturday 7am to 11pm
Free Wifi ・Multiple Power Stations
Complimentary 90 minute free parking ・Complimentary Valet
Again, many thanks to the team at R+D for hosting such a great event. You won’t be able to get rid of me now!
/ xo, ci /