I haven’t had solid food since I opened my Nutri Ninja. For the last five days, basically everything that I’ve bought from Trader Joes has gone into this 900 watt blender. The Nutri Ninja can make anything from juices to dips, smoothies and soups. I decided to take a crack at one of their recipes this weekend.
Avocado Cucumber Soup | #CiaratogaLiving
Recipe from NinjaKitchen.com:
- 1 avocado, pitted, cut into quarters
- 1/4 yellow pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded, cut in half
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/8 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups chopped English cucumber
- Place all the ingredients in the order listed into the 24-ounce Nutri Ninja® cup and blend for 35 seconds.
- Chill before serving. Makes 2-3 servings.
It was that simple, and that good! It tasted like an guacamole Gazpacho. Served cold, this is an excellent soup to be served as an appetizer, or to cleanse the palette between courses. The consistency was very creamy and smooth. I could easily see tortilla chips as a great garnish….yup, bookmark this recipe.
For the next batch:
- Don’t forget cilantro. Cause I did.
- More jalapeno. I’m not one to get carried away with heat, but with all the other ingredients I was surprised that the flavor of the pepper didn’t come out more.
- Try as a dip. If the amount of chicken stock was reduced, this would have also made for a great dip!
Kale and celery root soup is on deck, would you try it?
/ xo, ci /