To me, late night flights are the way to go. First off, there is way less traffic on the way to the airport; no one wants to be stuck on the 405 trying to get to LAX. Not to mention, TSA screening is a complete breeze. Airlines are fully aware that it is the middle of night and attendants will keep the cabin lights dim for the majority of the trip. If you’re lucky, there won’t be a screaming baby on board so you a get a quality power nap in before you reach your final destination.
I caught the red eye leaving Los Angeles at 12:29am for a early afternoon arrival into Albany, New York. I know…who leaves California in January to go to Upstate New York? I’ve done a good job the last two years avoiding 20 degree weather, however you can’t help the places (and people) you love, so a winter reunion tour was in order!
My trip was made 10 times better with these travel essentials!
- Sole Society Caldwell Weekender Bag, solesociety.com, $65
- Everyone needs a weekender bag. I use mine not just for plane trips and long car rides, but is also great for the gym. This sole society bag is huge, and has so many compartments. You can easily pack a few days of clothes, your electronics & more!
- Issac Mizrahi Travel Pillow, $10, MarshallsOnline.com
- Cute, right? I got super lucky and found this gem at Marshalls, which is the place to go for last minute travel supplies. To be honest, this was the first time I used a travel pillow. I always found them to be awkward to pack & carry, but it really comes in handy, especially when you’re on an overnight flight.
- Beanie Hat, solesociety.com
- In California I wear it as a style statement. In Upstate New York during the winter, it is a necessity!
- Eye Mask, www.rakuten.com, $4
- I caught the red eye. Sleep was needed.
- Pivoine Sublime Tinted Lip Balm in Rose Plum, usa.loccitane.com, $16
- I don’t go too far without this lip balm. Perfect year round, the 25 spf is great for sunny months, and locks in moisture in the chilly ones.
- Lavender Relaxing Roll-On, usa.loccitane.com, $16
- Let’s be honest. Traveling can be rough…it is never easy to relax! This all natural lavender essential oil roll-on helps provide brief moments of serenity. It smells divine!
- Apple iPad Mini
- Read a book, check your email, listen to music, play words with friends… take selfies…all that.
- Danielle Demers EQ Broch Infinity Scarf, TaraKiwi.com, $50
- My girl Tara Kiwi did it again! I adore her latest addition to her Equestrian apparel line. The scarf is made of a piqué knit fabric so it is lightweight and soft to the touch, go grab one!
Honorable Mention (not pictured, but crucial)
- Don’t forget them. I’ve purchased so many overpriced pairs of headphones at the airport because I left mine at home.
- Fitbit Flex
- I used to feel like I never got any exercise on travel days until I got a Fitbit. Depending on your travel, you may end up doing a lot of walking from terminal to terminal, and the Fitbit tracks them all. You can easily get a mile or two in before your connecting flight!
Travel in Style. See you around #Saratoga!
/ xo, ci ?