Happy Breeders’ Cup Weekend!
I can’t believe it’s already here. Where did 2015 go? Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Kentucky is home of the 2015 Breeders’ Cup World Championships. Even though I’m not able to be there this year – there’s no reason not to dress for the occasion. Whether you’re watching on your iPad on the go (like me), in the comfort of your home, or watching via simulcast at your local racetrack, here’s how I’ve styled two easy looks for Breeder’s Cup. Giddy up!
#CiaratogaStyle: Dressing for the Breeders’ Cup (from a far)
- Breeders’ Cup Youth Shirt, $23, BreedersCup.com
- Choies Grey High Wasted Pleated Skater Skirt, $40, choies.com
- Naturalizer July Women’s Boot, $229, zappos.com
- Ny Accessories Metal Detal Bag, $69, nelly.com
- Accessorize Rose Metallic Bow Fascinator, $37, accessorize.com
- ASPCA Tender Voices Diamond Horseshoe Pendant, $250, jcpenney.com
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Shaela Boatneck Sweater with Buckle Detail, $115, polyvore.com
- JF Rosey Grey Heeled Sandal, $39.99, justfab.com
I like both of these looks because you can take the “Casual Equestrian” look, or you can jazz it up and make it “Watch Party Chic.” I wanted to #ShareTheLex yesterday on Breeders’ Cup Friday, so I went with an authentic Breeders’ Cup t-shirt from the 2015 collection. I was running around town, so boots were the way to go.
Today, I plan on carrying on the purple color scheme, but I added a few more race day must haves, like this fun bow fascinator and my favorite heels from JustFab. I must say, not being present at Breeders’ Cup sure did save a *ton* of time and effort on trying to find that perfect ensemble. This way, I can focus on what’s really important, the horses! #StayHot
Are you ready?! Be sure to get all the info you need about today’s Breeders’ Cup Races by visiting their website!
/ xo, ci /