Just reminiscing about that time I stepped into a diner’s paradise right off of Broadway in Saratoga Springs…
15 Church is easily one of the best recent additions to the Spa. If the following photos don’t make your mouth water, I don’t know what will!
First things first, I had to hug and congratulate my friend Paul McCullough on opening yet another fantastic restaurant in the Capital District. He’s one incredible entrepreneur and from the moment you step into one of his establishments you are completely taken care of! Paul, thank you for ensuring that we had a lovely evening.
Let’s start off with a cocktail, shall we? Paul’s beautiful wife and (and mixologist) Susan made me a
- Buxom Belle, $11
- Gin, yellow chartreuse, lavender infused honey, fresh grapefruit juice.
- Because of the botanicals infused in gin, I could imagine why gin would be a great pairing with lavender honey and chartreuse. I substituted vodka in its place and it was equally delicious!
Complimentary homemade hummus and crackers arrived at our table as we browsed the menu.
- Crispy Oyster Lettuce Wraps, $16
- Celeriac Slaw, Spicy Remoulade
- This was my first time eating fried oysters, and they were amazing! I’m a huge fan of butter lettuce, which was a great compliment to the flavor of the oysters and accompanying remoulade. I easily could have doubled this order and made it my main entree.
- Tuna Tartar Tacos, $13
- Avocado, Cilantro, Sesame, Scallions, Spicy Sauce
- Tuna and avocado are always a winning exacta. Despite their bite size appearance, the tacos were jammed packed with incredible flavor, yum!
Lobster Tagatelle, $32
- Crushed Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic, Chili, Basil, Bread Crumbs.
- I’ll be honest. I’m not a huge pasta eater, however if lobster is a part of the equation… I’ll eat the entire plate – and almost did.
I finished the evening with a local lager for a night cap. Cheers to the incredible staff at 15 Church! Luckily it’s just a matter of days before I dine with you again.
See you soon, Saratoga!
/ xo, ci /