What does one wear to witness history?
Usually I would plan out what I’m going to wear for an occasion as large as this, but on Saturday morning I sat at the edge of my bed staring blankly at my closet.
Do I dress like American Pharoah’s jockey silks of blue and yellow? What about a black and white dress to be traditional to the colors of the Belmont?
To be honest, all I cared about was watching the race, however, I knew there were going to be a few things required from my outfit choice:
- It has to be comfortable: On big race days, the last thing I want to be is in an outfit that is too tight or too difficult to maneuver in. I plan on jumping up and down when this boy makes history, so… #aintnobodygottimeforthat. Not to mention that the Chandelier Room had their Guest Chef Series featuring food from The Church Key, so I needed space to stuff face.
- I can dress this up or down: also referred to as… I can wear heels or flats and it still looks cute. Walking in 4-inch heels for 6 hours around a racetrack is a lot of work! I want to make sure this outfit can survive the transition.
- Simple Accesories – I wasn’t in the mood to wear a lot of jewelry, and was on the fence with even wearing a hat (I know, what was going on with me) – so a great way to solve that issue was by choosing an ensemble with a print.
Here’s my #CiaratogaStyle for the Belmont Stakes
- Printed Jumpsuit: Shop D & A Boutique, $15 (yes, $15!)
- Shoes: JF Rosey Pumps, JustFab.com, $39
- Fascinator: Christine A. Moore Millinery, camhats.com
- Bracelet: Margaret Elizabeth Diamond Bangle, Rocksbox.com
Mission accomplished. I’m so glad that I found the perfect day to finally rock this printed jumpsuit from D & A Boutique! It’s lightweight and I love the dramatic V-shaped neckline which is in both the front and back. It’s sexy without showing too much; a stylish feminine look that was a bit off the traditional train.
How cute is this bangle from rocksbox.com? If you’re unfamiliar with Rocksbox, it’s a designer jewelry website that sends you three curated pieces on a loan once a month. You select products you like, add them to your personal wish list and wait to see what arrives in the mail! Borrow the jewelry for a few weeks and send it back. Rocksbox even sends along the free shipping for returns. Fall in love with your Rocksbox? You can purchase it!
Give Rocksbox a try by using my code, ciaratogaxoxo for a *free* month of jewelry! (Normally $19, and the code never expires!)
The Margaret Elizabeth bangle matched so nicely with my winning Triple Crown ticket! I still can’t believe American Pharoah won, what an amazing moment to be a part of!
/ xo, ci /